The VJC Parents’ Association has fresh-pressed local apple juice available for purchase again at the hall. Support our judoka and buy 5L for $15.
With the regional team workout behind us (much better attended than our October Session), note the following dates as we wind-down December:
- December 18th: Last day of the year with judogis. Regular class times.
- December 21st: Promotions Potluck. Meet at 6:30, eat at 7 and wind up by 8. Please come out and get to know the volunteers that make the VJC work. Our last meeting of 2017.
- January 4th: Regular classes resume for the 2017-2018 season.
- January 20th: Next regional team workout (Aberdeen Judo Club–Kamloops)
- January 21st: Okanagan Open Inter-Club Shiai (Kelowna–for Novice Judoka–it’s inexpensive and nearby. Talk to us to sign up)
The PDF version of the calendar posted in the club is at vernonjudo.ca, under Events and to the lower right if viewing on a computer or tablet and at the bottom if on a smartphone.
Finally, a big congratulations to all those who attended the Burnaby tournament (Avery, Carson, Kiyoshi, Mnason, Nadine, Teigan and Thaddeus). We were impressed with everyone’s efforts and determination over a long day. Four of the seven also took home medals: Kiyoshi and Carson got first in their divisions, Nadine second and Teigan third). George, Dean and Brian were able to coach and Donna, Sydney and Aubrey refereed (where I think it was a first-time experience for the last two with the judocare system). See full shiai results at judobc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017-Canada-West-Invitational-Results.pdf